Winning Over Irate Customers Workshop
November 13, 2017
Presented by Oliver Martin
CAD $699.00 + HST=$789.87
It actually doesn’t “take all kinds” to make the world go around, we just happen to have them! Anyone who deals with customers, clients, complainants or members of the public will have to deal with irate, upset, unbalanced, confrontational and unreasonable people. Those exchanges can be frustrating, and leave you rattled and drained. They take time and energy away from your other important tasks and can sometimes cost you business if not handled well. If any of this is true for you or your staff, this workshop is for you. There really is a way to effectively handle the difficult people without all the upset, frustration and risk to future business.
At this high impact workshop for front line staff, you will learn techniques that will allow you to handle really challenging customer service situations with confidence. You will experience a range of practical and interactive discussions, exercises and role plays that will give you new and effective tools for dealing with difficult conversations and people. Whether managing a problematic customer or having more productive conversations with fellow staff, this course will give you the core tools you need. You will have opportunities to practice learned skills in a variety of contexts so that the skills can become second nature.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- deal with difficult, irrational, aggressive, and unreasonable people with greater skill
- handle customer/client complaints effectively while maintaining the relationship
- be assertive, disagree, maintain patience and deliver unwanted messages with confidence
- avoid common (but critical) mistakes
- prepare for challenging conversations and learn to master your own reactions
- achieve fair results that satisfy the upset customer
- encourage even difficult customers to feel respected and satisfied
- feel more confident having difficult conversations
- save your company money by improving customer satisfaction, loyalty and company image
After completing the workshop, you will be able to turn difficult front line conversations into productive exchanges.
The Winning Over Irate Customers Workshop is designed specifically for people who deal with challenging people and/or tough conversations. Customer service representatives, complaints handlers, hotel staff, government clerks, administrative staff, receptionists, airline personnel, front desk staff, retail staff will all benefit from this workshop. The workshop will provide tools for managing both client/customer conversations and improving crucial conversations with coworkers and front line managers.
Upon completion of the workshop, you will receive a certificate from the Stitt Feld Handy Group.
The case studies, role plays and exercises in this one-day workshop will address the following questions:
- What really makes a conversation difficult (the six challenges)?
- What is the best way to deal with difficult personality types?
- How do you prevent people from escalating?
- How do you deal with strong emotions?
- What are your hot buttons that need to be managed?
- How do you deliver a difficult message without damaging the relationship?
- How do you say “no” and still have a happy client?
- How can you improve your contribution to your company and the bottom line by being an expert at handling tough customers?
During the workshop, you will apply these tools and techniques to at least four role plays / case studies based on typical difficult situations with a variety of customers and clients. The case studies and role plays will raise challenges such as dealing with strong emotions, aggressive behaviours, positional approaches, etc. You will also deal with at least one case study relating to a conflict with a coworker.
There will be an opportunity to discuss the application of these skills to real world situations you face. The facilitators will be available to answer any questions that may arise for you in that specific situation.
If you have any questions about this course, click here to contact us.
Registration & Payment
There are 3 ways to register. Click the one you want:
A $150 discount applies if you register for both the ADR and Advanced ADR Workshops at the same time.
A 15% discount will apply if 5 or more people register from the same organization.
A fee of 50% of the Workshop fee will be charged for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the scheduled date for the workshop. The full fee will be charged for cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the workshop date or if participants fail to attend without notice.
A delegate substitution, with required prerequisites, is welcome, up to the workshop commencement date.
An administrative fee will be charged for a change in workshop dates of $250 + HST for the ADR Workshop, Advanced ADR Workshop, Become A Powerful Negotiator Workshop, Dealing With Difficult People Workshop, Mastering Difficult Conversations in Elder Care Workshop and Coaching For A Better Workplace, $500 + HST for the Applied ADR Workshop, and $150 + HST for the Winning Over Irate Customers Workshop, if the change is made in the 8 weeks before the workshop.