Each province and territory in Canada has a version of the Canada Job Grant program that can assist employers to fund training for their staff (see links to specific provinces below)
For example, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs. There is additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer (SFHG is such a trainer).
The application has to be submitted before you take the training.
The Canada Job Grant might be right for you. Applications are accepted by the program on an ongoing basis.
Customized Workshops for Organizations (Delivered Inhouse To Your Staff)
As part of the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, Ontario has two pilot programs that might provide funding towards the cost of a customized SFHG workshop for a group of people within your organization:
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant: Customized Training and
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant: UpSkill.
These programs are designed to provide employers with short-term, flexible training targeted at workplace needs.
Availability of funding for customized programs varies from province to province so please check with the appropriate regional office as per the links set out below.