All upcoming sessions will be Virtual Instructor-Led using ZOOM technology. Using ZOOM, the program will continue to be interactive and engaging involving role plays, exercises, and small group discussions. We are limiting each session to 24 participants.
“The virtual instructor-led format worked great.”
Jackie Robinson, Superintendent of Education, Northwest Catholic DSB
- Avoiding conversations you know you ought to have?
- Wishing you could be more assertive and in control?
- Losing patience with certain people or personality types?
- Having problems giving negative feedback?
- Feeling anxious before a difficult conversation?
- Thinking of what you “should have” said after the conversation is over?
- Wishing you had managed a conversation or an individual differently?
- Having trouble managing emotional customers, colleagues or employees?
- Feeling that you could improve your communication skills and become a stronger communicator?
At the Dealing With Difficult People Workshop you will learn techniques and strategies that will allow you to handle difficult conversations and difficult people with skill and confidence. You will be engaged in practical and interactive exercises that will change the way you see and respond to difficult people and difficult situations. You will be given opportunities to practise learned skills in a variety of contexts so that the skills can become second nature. You will have the opportunity to complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator-Step II and receive a personal report containing valuable insights into your personality type and the personality types of others. You will be given an opportunity to practice a particular difficult conversation that you select.
At the in-person sessions, a continental breakfast and catered lunch will be served each day of the workshop. Snacks, coffee and drinks will be available throughout the day.