- Avoid negotiation pitfalls
- Identify your negotiation tendencies
- Take advantage of the assumptions people make in negotiations
- Manage relationships, trust and communication to your benefit
- Determine which negotiation style is best for you
- Determine who should make the first offer and how should it be made
- Use the 7 Elements of Principled Negotiation
- Be creative to get better results
- Decide when you should say yes and when you should walk away
- Build alliances and use independent criteria to protect yourself in negotiations
- Form coalitions in negotiations
- Prepare for a negotiation in an efficient structured way
- Deal with strong emotions
- Deal with difficult people
- Be more persuasive and still maintain relationships
- Negotiate when trying to resolve conflict
Workshop includes 6 negotiation case studies, 1 video and numerous exercises and discussions.
Online Negotiation Component
The online portion of the workshop involves 8 modules, 7 of which are simulated negotiations that you will conduct with animated characters. The characters make statements, ask questions, use difficult tactics, and express strong emotions. You will have to react to what they say and try to negotiate the best deal. You will also be able to download a 67-page negotiation manual. Read more about the online component of the workshop.
- Group Discount: If your organisation registers 5 or more participants for this Alternative Dispute Resolution Workshop, we will provide a 15% discount for each of those registrations. In addition, your organisation will also receive 15% off on any additional registrations received for this workshop.
- Early Bird Discount: register for the ADR Workshop 4 weeks in advance or earlier and receive a 5% discount.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover the numerous techniques that one can employ when negotiating. In addition, the teaching was done in a relaxing atmosphere with innovative methods utilized. The instructors were innovative.
– Dawn Lewis, Chief Counsel, Office of the Attorney General, Nassau, The Bahamas
Graduates receive a certificate from the University of Windsor Law School.