Applied ADR Workshop
Port of Spain
The Applied ADR Workshop is the most challenging and most interesting workshop we offer. There are eight difficult mediation role plays, which are all coached. Additionally, you will apply the skills learned at the first two workshops and new skills that we will provide you to a problem that you are dealing with, either personal or work-related. You will work individually with one of the instructors to find innovative ways to deal with the problem. After the course, you will have the opportunity to sit in on a real mediation in Toronto with one of our mediators. Unfortunately, we can only offer you the opportunity to observe a mediation in Toronto.
During the Personal Mentoring Exercise, the skills you may want to work on may include:
- remaining rational in the face of strong feelings
- expressing strong feelings appropriately
- being assertive without damaging the relationship
- improving a relationship in a negotiation
- speaking clearly in ways that promote listening
The eight coached mediation case studies will be more difficult than those in the ADR and Advanced ADR workshops, and will cover important issues that mediators have to deal with, such as:
- parties who withhold or mislead on important facts
- obtaining closure
- mediating complex issues and parties (including lawyers)
- evaluative and facilitative styles
- shuttle mediation techniques
- pre-mediation meetings/caucuses
- using caucuses effectively
- mediating purely financial cases
- working from and towards a draft agreement
- handling harassment issues, strong emotions, and entrenched history
All participants will receive a Certificate from the University of Windsor Law School.
Because of the instructor-intensive nature of the Interpersonal Skills Exercise, the workshop is limited to 24 participants.
Note: The Applied ADR Workshop is designed for those who have already attended the Advanced ADR Workshop.
If you have any questions about this course, click here to contact us.
Registration & Payment
There are 3 ways to register. Click the one you want:
A $150 discount applies if you register for both the ADR and Advanced ADR Workshops at the same time.
A 15% discount will apply if 5 or more people register from the same organization.
A fee of 50% of the Workshop fee will be charged for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the scheduled date for the workshop. The full fee will be charged for cancellations made less two weeks prior to the workshop date or if participants fail to attend without notice.
A delegate substitution,with required prerequisites, is welcome, up to the workshop commencement data.
An administrative fee will be charged for a change in workshop dates of $250 US for the ADR Workshop, Advanced ADR Workshop and Dealing with Difficult People Workshops, $500 US for the Applied ADR Workshop, and $150 US for the Winning Over Irate Customers Workshop, if the change is made in the 8 weeks before the workshop.