- Avoiding conversations you know you ought to have?
- Wishing you could be more assertive and in control?
- Losing patience with certain people or personality types?
- Having problems giving negative feedback?
- Feeling anxious before a difficult conversation?
- Thinking of what you “should have” said after the conversation is over?
- Wishing you had managed a conversation or an individual differently?
- Having trouble managing emotional customers, colleagues or employees?
- Feeling that you could improve your communication skills and become a stronger communicator?
At the Dealing With Difficult People Workshop you will learn techniques and strategies that will allow you to handle difficult conversations and difficult people with skill and confidence. You will be engaged in practical and interactive exercises that will change the way you see and respond to difficult people and difficult situations. You will be given opportunities to practise learned skills in a variety of contexts so that the skills can become second nature. You will have the opportunity to complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator-Step II and receive a personal 18 page report containing valuable insights into your personality type and the personality types of others. You will be given an opportunity to practice a particular difficult conversation that you select.
For your convenience, a continental breakfast and catered lunch will be served each day of the workshop. Snacks, coffee and drinks will be available throughout the day.
Practical and Interactive Training
We offer intensive and interactive learning experiences for professionals and executives. You will participate in dynamic exercises and case studies. The concepts and approaches you will learn have proven successful in the real world, and can be applied immediately to your situation.
Who Should Attend?
The Dealing with Difficult People Workshop is designed for anyone who has to deal with difficult people or difficult issues. Human resource managers, team leaders, managers, lawyers, educators, consultants, police officers, customer service representatives and people who negotiate will all benefit from this workshop.